cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG500 won't print complete file. Get "Remote host did not accept data file (32.)" Reinstalled

emoosethird
Apprentice

I have reinstalled the latest driver. Using wirelss conection over Brighthouse Echo network.

3 REPLIES 3

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello emoosethird!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what the complete name of your printer is (MG5220, MG5420, etc.) and what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am trying to print from my two Macs. One is  an iMac running Yosimite 10.10.1 and the other is a Mac PowerBook running Mountain Lion 10.9.5. I am running on a Brighthouse high speed Echo network. This may be part of the problem because the MG5200 printer was working before I switched from Verizon FIOS. I have reinstalled Canon print drivers on both machines and get the same mesage when trying to print, "Remote host did not accept data file (32)." SOMEONE at Canon shoould know whatbthis means and how to fix it. Thanks for your help!

Ramona
Authority

Hi emoosethird,

Reconfiguring the network settings of the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow the steps located on pages 5-11 of the setup guide here.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements