cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG4250 How do I remove ink cartridges following a 5B02 error?

battlebus
Contributor

My ink absorber is full - I've over-ridden it many times and now I just get a 5B02 error - contact the service centre.

This is a cheap printer so I bought a new similar model to replace it so I can carry on using the ink cartridges - which are almost as expensive as the printer!

But now I can't get the old cartridges out. The printer will not let me get at them.

Any ideas how I can either get the printer to put them in a removable position? 

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, battlebus!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Its an MG4200 series - not sure of the exact number

That's a step in the right direction!  The printer's exact model number should appear on the front of the printer at the upper right.  Mind taking a look?

battlebus
Contributor

G4250 - how did I miss that?!

battlebus
Contributor

MG4250

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When you open the front cover when the power is on, the cartridge carrier should move to the left, pause, then move to the right.  I'm not sure if you can re-use the cartridges in another printer (same model) but you could try.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

battlebus
Contributor

"When you open the front cover when the power is on, the cartridge carrier should move to the left, pause, then move to the right"

This is the problem - the error message is stopping this from happening

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I understand.  You can only bypass the ink absorber almost full error a limited number of times.  Then, the printer will not operate.  You might have bypassed yourself into this state.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This much I know!

I was hoping someone helpful from Canon would chip in with a solution. Short of that I'll have to take a crowbar to it.

Announcements