cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 printing shadows, persistent paper jam message

DFAB
Apprentice

What is up with the Canon MG3620? Problem after Problem...can anyone assist

The printer started printing horribly.....every line is like a shadow printed 2 times on top of each other. Can't read a **bleep** thing.

And it keeps jamming.  Even when you remove the paper, shut the **bleep** machine off, let it sit for a bit then put the clean paper back and turn it on....still flashing jammed warning light - though there is no paper in the  machine.

I swear this is the biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased.  Disgusted with this printer! 

Any suggestions...I have to get something out tomorrow and need to print documents and proof.

thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Community!

The Community isn't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options, including live phone support. 

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE for support options. 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DFAB,

Shadow or blurry printing can be caused when the encoder/timing strip inside your PIXMA MG3620 is smudged.

Cleaning this will resolve the issue.

To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps in this Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162575

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements