cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 not grabbing paper, thinks there's no paper

grantpaige804
Apprentice

My MG3600 Pixma Printer is not grabbing paper when it is loaded in the proper place with the proper adjustments. Each time I try and print something, it says there's no paper when there's more than enough. Please help as this is crucial as a student and employee. 

I have also switched out the ink to brand new cartridges as my Mac printer queue was displaying this at first, but now it's saying "Printer needs paper" and the triangle is flashing on the printer itself, even though there's more than enough paper in there. 

Please advise 

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, grantpaige804!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA MG3600 series.  The model number should be on the front of the printer at the lower right. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Danny, please see my replies below. I am still having issues with my printer even though I have been through all troubleshooting steps multiple times. 

grantpaige804
Apprentice

Hi! 

Thank you for reaching back out so quickly. 

I am using the Wireless Pixma MG3620 series in black. 

grantpaige804
Apprentice

I have also tried both of these instructions multiple times. One piece of paper ended up going through, but I received blank pages each time. After that, I tried to print a normal document and the same thing occurred after cleaning: 

1. Went to document and pressed "Print" (about 2 pages total) 

2. Printer queue for Mac showed up 

3. Queue said it was printing 

4. Printer grabbed a page 

5. Page turned out blank

6. Went back to printer queue on Mac and says "printer needs paper". 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 11.31.26 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-29 at 11.30.27 AM.png

Hi,

Since the page was feed through but cam out blank, hold down the Stop button on the printer until the Alarm lamp flashes once and immediately release it .

If it prints, please let us know if it looks like the example HERE.

We look forward to your reply. 

the1mikeo
Apprentice

I had the exact same problem with my MG3600 and one of the instructions here said to press the black or color copy and that finally got the printer to work. Sometimes you have to press one of those button 10 times to get just one copy made but it will work.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements