cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Unable to Scan

waterfall
Apprentice

The scanner says  warming up  but never connects to the printer to start scanning  it  gives this  code  after timing out.   Box  says  ScanGear    The Scanner  is not available  while  in use  by another  application  or user  Code  5,206,8

Nothing else was printing or  using the  software or  computer  tried it  several time  shut it  off   left it  off for awhile  and  still no change  updated  driver   nothing helps    any  ideas     

The  computer it is on  is  a Desktop   Hp  slimline tower  running window 10 
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID 12004E78-F8D8-4510-8D6A-016AFDA1E642
Product ID 00325-97212-70215-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
 Hope  this  helps  discribe the computer  the software is on

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello,

This error can also be caused by when either security software or a firewall blocks the scanner driver from working correctly. Since reinstalling the driver did not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft and have they check your computer to see if anything is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Okay  thank  now I know what to try  and where to look thanks  I do appreciate it  and will mark  as  accept  as solution  thanks again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know
 which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

I update the original  post  hope that helps 

Hello,

This error can also be caused by when either security software or a firewall blocks the scanner driver from working correctly. Since reinstalling the driver did not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft and have they check your computer to see if anything is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Okay  thank  now I know what to try  and where to look thanks  I do appreciate it  and will mark  as  accept  as solution  thanks again

Announcements