cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3500 Series Printer will not print

Veronnieh
Apprentice

Hello,

I have had my printer for well over a year now and just started having an issue with it two weeks ago. It is not plugged in directly but uses wireless connectivity. The computer that was being used to print from has Windows 07 and it has never been an issue before. Now the printer won't get off the yellow alarm lamp and it immediately starts to blink on every boot up. I have followed the instructions on the Getting Started manual and started from the install process beginning again with no luck. i have tried it everyday for the past two weeks and it just wants to flash yellow at me. No paper jam. it is brand new ink. Fresh paper each time. I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9

merrymary247
Rising Star
How many times does the alarm lamp blink before it pauses?

it blinks twice before pausing

2 flashes typically means the printer is out of paper, paper isnt loaded correctly, or the setting for the paper doesn't match what is loaded in the printer.

Veronnieh
Apprentice
Same paper as always and no changes for the setting. Why I am so frustrated with it.

Have you tried any roller cleanings? Printer might be having a hard time grabbing onto the paper.

Remove all paper from the printer and cancel any pending print jobs (this should stop the alarm light from flashing). Click the Windows start button and go to devices and printers. Right click on the printer name and choose 'Printer properties" then click on the matienence tab at the top. You should have an option for roller cleaning. Do a couple of those, then try printing again.

jpsummersga
Apprentice

The ORANGE CL light on the Operations Panel is lit which means, according to the User Manual, the Color cartridge is out. I just replaced the Color cartridge, and the Orange CL light remains on and the printer will not print. Printer is direct connected to the computer and has been in service for about a year with no previous problems. Any ideas?

jpsummersga,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

annietirado
Apprentice

It looks like it has no communication with my laptop

Hi annietirado.

If the MG3520 isn't responding to your laptop, first check the printer for any error indications, and, if necessary, correct any errors.  If you're connecting by USB, ensure the laptop is plugged in and charging.  If connecting by WiFi, ensure the computer is connecting through a 2.4 GHz wifi connection. If you've recently replaced the router, try performing the wireless setup again [MG3520 Cableless Setup].

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements