cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 set up issue

KenAlsdorf
Apprentice

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG2522 printer/copier/scanner from Walmart. I am attempting to set it up. I am getting an orange alarm light whenever I turn it on. I am finding very limited reset information online. I have tried to set it up and run printer alignment, however I am getting error code 5011.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KenAlsdorf,

The 5011 is a general hardware error. I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error does not clear, please contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I bought this simple printer MX2522 for my niece and nephew. I set it up on a desktop and all the functions (print/scan) worked properly. I then proceeded to set it up on a laptop. I downloaded the complete Canon software driver package. Once setup I tested the functions. The print functions seem to work properly. When I attempt to scan it says the scanner is disconnected or the USB is disconnected which is not the case. So, I reloaded the complete software driver package. I did the printer/scanner reset I read on this forum and checked things again and still no scanner connection. Printer functions still work fine.The code I'm getting is 5,156,69.

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Hello Overkill,

If you can print and scan from one computer but you can only print from another, it would usually point to a communication issue or something is blocking the scanner software.

If you are using a laptop docking station or a USB hub it can keep the scanner from communicating. You can try plugging the scanner into one of the ports directly on the scanner and then scanning again.

If it still does not work, you can try turning off any security software on the computer. The firewalls can block the incoming scanner info and other features can block the scanner services. Another way you can check if the software is being blocked would be to try a scan using the default Windows scanner services like WIndows Fax and scan or you can try a scan from Paint. If that works, it would mean something is blocking the IJ scan utility or the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements