cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Driver Needed

vanb21
Apprentice

My new computer will not install my cannon pixma mg2522 printer. It says I need to install a driver

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hey there! Head over to the IJ Setup site to get the drivers & setup software: canon.us/ijsetup

Bad reply. I have gone through Pixma MG2522 installation issues for years. So, I know how this goes. The correct answer is that when you first download and install the drivers, you don't have the current drivers. So, you need to go back to the Canon Support site for this printer then click on the drivers download. When you have downloaded it, click it. Then, it will install the updated drivers. 

I was told this by one of the CS people when I called. It worked perfectly and was very quick. 

Why are you, a Canon employee, giving bum info?

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thanks so much for your feedback!

That link takes you to the wizard and will do a fresh install of the most current software suite for your printer rather than having to navigate to each piece of software individually. 

But you do you. 😊

DianaMo
Apprentice

I am on my fourth or fifth Pixma 2522. They never install correctly. Love the printer, hate the installation. With the latest one, I called Canon Customer Support. The man I spoke with told me that when you first download and install the drivers, you don't have the current drivers. So, you need to go back to the Canon Support site for this printer then click on the drivers download again. When you have downloaded it, click it. Then, it will install the updated drivers. It worked perfectly and was very quick. Why Canon doesn't just give you the right software to begin with is beyond me. 

Announcements