cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G3260 Won't print single 5x7 Photo

zaremba13
Apprentice

First time printing a photo with a Canon printer. Trying to print 1 - 5 inch by 7 inch photo on Canon G3260 printer with a mac. Canon printer App shows connected to the iMac and printing. Photo doesn't print, just cycles connected. Could not find any support online or in the manual. Please help. Thanks in advance. Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jay346, Thanks for the reply. I had already tried all you suggested. After some trial & error, I was finally able to print my 5 x 7 photo.

FYI, I use an Apple computer with Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop to prepare pictures for printing. Below are the steps I used to get my picture printed. I made this list to remind myself what to do in the future. I’m including it to possibly help someone with similar issues.

A. Do color corrections etc. in Lightroom

B. Import into Photoshop after finished with any LR corrections by right clicking selected photo highlight “Edit In”, chose “Open as a smart object in Photoshop”. This will have Photoshop corrected photo link & appear in Lightroom with all the changes.

C. Do all Photoshop corrections (Cropping to print size & any other fixes) and save corrected print to a selected folder on your hard drive or desktop. With Canon G3260 Printer, DO NOT PRINT IN PHOTOSHOP OR LIGHTROOM APPS! Print color does NOT MATCH what you see on the computer screen in either app!

D. Open corrected & saved print with Apple Preview by double clicking file.

E. Choose Print (Command P)

F. In Canon printer window in “Presets” chose “Photo on Photo Paper” and select printing paper size. With a 5x 7 paper size, you will need to go to the LCD selection control window on Canon printer to say “OK” to print size selected. Printer will flash error light & not print until size is confirmed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Jay346, Thanks for the reply. I had already tried all you suggested. After some trial & error, I was finally able to print my 5 x 7 photo.

FYI, I use an Apple computer with Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop to prepare pictures for printing. Below are the steps I used to get my picture printed. I made this list to remind myself what to do in the future. I’m including it to possibly help someone with similar issues.

A. Do color corrections etc. in Lightroom

B. Import into Photoshop after finished with any LR corrections by right clicking selected photo highlight “Edit In”, chose “Open as a smart object in Photoshop”. This will have Photoshop corrected photo link & appear in Lightroom with all the changes.

C. Do all Photoshop corrections (Cropping to print size & any other fixes) and save corrected print to a selected folder on your hard drive or desktop. With Canon G3260 Printer, DO NOT PRINT IN PHOTOSHOP OR LIGHTROOM APPS! Print color does NOT MATCH what you see on the computer screen in either app!

D. Open corrected & saved print with Apple Preview by double clicking file.

E. Choose Print (Command P)

F. In Canon printer window in “Presets” chose “Photo on Photo Paper” and select printing paper size. With a 5x 7 paper size, you will need to go to the LCD selection control window on Canon printer to say “OK” to print size selected. Printer will flash error light & not print until size is confirmed. 

Announcements