cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2520 Prints But Won't Scan

lioness137
Apprentice

I have a MG2520 all in one scanner printer and I am having issues getting it work with my new computer. I was able to get the printer to work but when I try to use the scanner I get a message telling that the printer is not turned on or connected, but it is both.

4 REPLIES 4

Mike

Hi lioness137!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks!

lioness137
Apprentice

My new computer has windows 11 Home.

The error message I get is

"Cannot communicate with the scanner for these reasons

-Scanner is turned off

-USB cable is disconnected

please check and try again

Scanner Driver will be closed

code:5,156,69" 

lioness137
Apprentice

I clicked on the link that you sent. The only option it gave me is to pay for help. I have had this printer so long that I don't even remember when I got it. I don't want to pay for help.

Hi,

Remove the printer driver from your computer and then disconnect the printer and restart the computer. After the restart, click HERE and select software and driver. Download the MG2500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. 

During the install you will be asked to connect the scanner. Once the printer usb cord is connected and the install finishes, open IJ Scan Utility and try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements