cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Scanning Multiple Documents into a Single PDF File via the ADF

drcsue
Contributor

I had an MP892 and was able to scan exactly how I wanted.  I went to Windows 11 and could not get drivers for that printer, so i purchased a G7020 all in one.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out to scan the way I want.  I scan my bills, vet visits, etc.  What I want to do is put multiple bills, etc in the ADF.  Scan them, then be able to save them on my computer as PDF files.  I want to save, as an example my electric bill which is one page.  The next document that was in the ADF was a 4 page auto insurance document.  I want to save all 4 pages as one PDF file.  This is the way the MP Navigator worked.  It was great.  Can someone help me with this.  I am being overrun with paper bills, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I understand what you are trying to do now. IJ Scan Utility does not have that feature like MP Navigator did. MP Navigator would take all the scanned files and give a thumbnail view and allow you choose with files to save together or individually. 

With IJ Scan Utility, it will take all the documents scanned and put them into one PDF file. So for this you would need to scan the first bill and save it and then take the 2 pages for the electric bill and scan those separately. Currently at this time Canon has not made that option a feature on IJ Scan Utility. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

With this model printer, you will scan using IJ Scan Utility instead of MP Navigator. When using IJ Scan Utility, you can multiple pages and save them as 1 PDF file. 

For more information about scanning with IJ Scan Utility, please click HERE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Let me explain a bit further since I cannot find what I am looking for in the documentation.  So, in the ADF, the first page is the only page for my gas bill.  The next two pages are for the electric bill, etc.  After they are scanned, how do I select just the first page and save it as a PDF, then select the next 2 pages and save them as a PDF?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi,

I understand what you are trying to do now. IJ Scan Utility does not have that feature like MP Navigator did. MP Navigator would take all the scanned files and give a thumbnail view and allow you choose with files to save together or individually. 

With IJ Scan Utility, it will take all the documents scanned and put them into one PDF file. So for this you would need to scan the first bill and save it and then take the 2 pages for the electric bill and scan those separately. Currently at this time Canon has not made that option a feature on IJ Scan Utility. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements