cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Prints Black But No Color

FredEllis
Apprentice

My G7020 prints black fine but does not print any color. I've tried deep clewaning but to no avail. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi FredEllis,

First, please print a Nozzle check following the steps on this page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G7000%20series/EN/UG/ug-133.html

Once printed, please compare it to the example on this page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G7000%20series/EN/UG/ug-134.html

Does the Nozzle check that you printed match the example on that page?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

scottcunning
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. When I run a nozzle check, it only prints the portion for Black. Not only do I not get any color patterns, I don't get the lines for the color at all.

I hope this is clear. At the top of the page, it prints | BK | and then there is the grid pattern. Nothing else appears except for the page totals. There are no rows for Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.

Hi scottcunning,

Have you ever been able to print correctly with your PIXMA G7020? If not, please let us know this.

If you have been printing correctly, please make sure that all of the inks are at least half full and perform an ink flush:

1. Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your PIXMA G7020 one time

2. Press the right arrow 4 times to select Maintenance and press OK

3. Press the right arrow 7 times to select Ink Flush and press OK

4. Press OK on All Colors

5. Press OK again

6. Select Yes and press OK

7. Select Yes and press OK again

The ink flush will commence and will take about 8 minutes to complete.

Once the ink flush is complete, please print another nozzle check.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This worked. Thank you.

Had problem with colors. Ink flushed them. Works now. Thanks!

Announcements