cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020: Poor Print Quality

JEA1
Apprentice

I purchased my G6020 in June 2020.  Very light use.  But am unable to print in color due to poor quality - I believe the magenta cartridge is now broken / defective.  I have gone through the troubleshooting / cleaning / deep cleaning steps multiple times, but problem remains.  I hate to discard the printer due to one bad cartridge, especially since I have tons of ink on hand...  Any suggestions?  Is it possible to replace the magenta cartridge?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JEA1,

Please make sure all of the inks are at least half full and then perform an ink flush.

To perform this, please follow the steps on this page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G6000%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_h_01.html

If magenta still does not print after performing an ink flush, your PIXMA G6020 would require service.

Replacing the color cartridge (printhead) in your G6020 may resolve this issue, but please note, there is no guarantee that this is the issue.  Also, there are no returns on parts purchased.  The Parts Department may be reached by calling 1-800-828-4040, seven days a week (excluding holidays), 8:00 a.m. to Midnight ET. They can provide you with availability and cost.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements