cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6000 Series Printer prints blue as a shade of red

daumar
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA G6000 printer and every time I try to print something in color the color blue is printed as a shade of red.  It does not matter what type of paper I print on or where I am printing from, the web, a Word document, or a photo.  How do I correct this color discrepancy?  I have run the troubleshooter, aligned the print heads and done all of the other possible checks available on the printer.  Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, daumar!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA G6000 series.  The model number should be on the front of the printer just above the yellow ink tank window. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The model number is a G6020 printer.  I have run all of the maintenance functions such as aligning the print heads, cleaning the print heads, and deep cleaning the print heads.  I have reloaded the drivers on two different machines.  I am open to any other suggestions as to how to solve this problem.  When aligning the print heads this morning, the first time through all that showed up was black and red, the second time through only yellow and black. Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide to help solve this problem. 

Hi,

If you nozzle check does not look the example HERE after the cleanings, I recommend performing an ink flush. Please do so using the steps HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

With the limited information provided, is it possible you are experiencing double color management?

DCM.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

How do you solve this problem? I have never heard of this. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Before we continue, can you please confirm that the correct inks have been put into the proper tanks?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

They have been.  That crossed my mind a few months ago so I wanted to be sure that I had the correct ink in the correct tank and they are correct.  It is pretty easy to make sure that this is correct.

Marianne

click here to view the gallery
Announcements