cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3202 blinking lights

teacher2425
Apprentice

I have a Pixma G3202. It was printing just fine and then all of a sudden the green power button and the yellow hazard button have began to alternate blinking. They each blink 7 times, it pauses, and then they begin again. I have had my IT guy look at it, called Canon, and did a hard restart. Canon wants to sell me a new printer at discount, but I just cannot do that right now. I literally just refilled the ink tanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Starzat
Apprentice

I have the same printer. I spent a lot for it, the G3202. It's been sitting over a year, cause I couldn't fix it, and I'm angry that they don't issue a refund or recall. I will not buy anything Canon anymore, I was a fanboy for their cameras, but because of their lousy support for their printers, I'm done.

I found the problem for the G3202, or so I thought. I opened it up, moved the print head and cable to the left, and found crumpled up paper. I removed it. The 5100 error went away, as did the blinking lights. I was happy, until I tried to print, now I have a 5200 error, and I can't even flush the nozzles. Canon, where's my money that YOU spent? So angry with these big companies that don't care. Horrible. 

Regardless, check inside your printer and see if there's some paper in their, you'll be surprised, and it might just fix the problem. I hope the best for you. This printer was too expensive.

Don't buy anything from them is my suggestion. Better to buy a reliable color laser from some other company.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@teacher2425

Error codes for the g3200 series are listed in this article. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/s/article/ART166970

Your printer has a 1-year warranty.  I suggest you contact support for assistance. 

Canon Support (800) 652-2666

You can also get help by registering your printer in the MyCanon portal.  Link is below

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin

@starzat,

I suggest you start your own topic since your issues are unrelated.  It sounds like you'll need to perform some maintenance as letting the printer sit unused for a year might cause ink delivery issues.  Support for your device is available beginning your first day of ownership.  No company can fix what they don't know about.  If you'd like assistance, I suggest you contact support.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements