cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3101: Compatible Inks

saroman0414
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I recently moved from Costa Rica to the US, and I brought a Canon Pixma G3101 printer with me. It uses GI-190 inks. I need to replace it and I am considering the US equivalent G3200 model which uses GI-290 inks. The G3101 printer seems to be identical to the G3200 so I'm wondering if the GI-190 ink will work in it. Companies often sell identical products with different model numbers inside and outside the US. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not recommend bringing or buying a printer intended for sale in another region when you will reside in another country.  Getting ink or toners can be challenging.  In some instances the power receptacle is incorrect too.  You might get lucky if you have a Costco, Sam's club or super Walmart nearby, but if you don't getting ink can become painful.  I usually recommend buying a printer there, using it and if you return,  donate it to a school, church or charity.  This way you are not paying or lugging around a device only to find out you can't get ink for it, etc.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I've been in the US for more than a year and I had been using the printer without any issues. But now it appears to have gotten to the end of its useful life and I want to replace it with the US-equivalent model. The only question is whether I can use the remaining ink that I also brought with me.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements