cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 860 shut down

Avankirk
Apprentice

Our printer shut down while in process & will not turn back on is there a reset or fuse, or something else I can do to restart. All connections have been verified.

3 REPLIES 3

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Avankirk,

It may help to do a full reset on the printer.  Follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the power cord and the USB cable from the printer.
  2. Press the ON or power button several times (at least 5 times is recommended).
  3. Wait for 30-60 minutes.
  4. Reconnect the power cord directly to a known working outlet. Avoid using surge protectors or extension cords, if possible.
  5. Attempt to power on the printer.

If the printer does power on, please contact us so we can provide you with additional service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mine is doing the same thing EXCEPT there is that YELLOW ALARM LIGHT that stays on when ever it's PLUGGED IN!     I sure hope that there is a FIX for this.. My Extended warranty ran out... and I have a ton of INK Cart. LEFT!

1stAmericanRose
Contributor

Mine did the same... I tried everything that you were told to do, but nothing worked... Tell me, When Mine is PLUGGED IN... does it HAVE A YELLOW ALARM LIGHT ON TOP close to the ON Button that stays on ALL the time when it's PLUGGED IN, BUT no other signs of LIFE?  My Yellow light does!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements