cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF password security greyed out while saving a PDF MP Navigator

glisten
Contributor

Hello,

I am unable to set a password for pdf's that I scan with MP Navigator. I have been doing it for years, but now it has greyed out. It is not selectable. I recently upgraded my mobo and did a clean reinstall. The problem occurred before the upgrade and now remains despite full reinstalls of everything. The preferences button provides no way to turn passwords on or off. The Set... button shows password security also greyed out.

Win 7 Home premium 64 bit, 8GB, 250GB SSD root drive, Core i7. MP navigator EX 5.1. Pixma MP 895.

security problem.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

3 REPLIES 3

apickwoad
Apprentice

Any solution to this? Experiencing the same problem, and no luck after re-installation and driver re-download aswell.

please help.

Regards,

Alvin Pickwoad

Danny

Hi, Jim!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Hey Danny, it was purchased in the United States. It's not a Hardware issue with the Canoscan Lide 100. It's a software issue with the Mp Navigator Ex 2.0. After reinstallation and driver update. the security feature for the scannning properties is greyed out and you cannot check the box. I cannot find no forum or assistance elsewhere for the program, Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Alvin Pickwood

Announcements