cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No paper message in iP6600D

dgerety
Contributor

I just found my old iP5500D - I thought it was lost in our last move; it hasn't been used in 5 years and has been replaced with a Pro100. I hope to sell it if it works. I've loaded a few 4x6 sheets of standard photo paper, and see on the screen: Auto Sheet Feeder, there is no paper, etc. The printer makes all the right sounds, the feed roller moves to the paper and is turning but it won't grab the paper. I've run the roller cleaning process and it looks very clean. Should I attempt to replace the roller if I can find one? I doubt it's worth taking to a repair shop. Many thanks for help with this. DG

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, dgerety!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.   You reference the PIXMA iP6600D in the subject line but then in the body of your message you mention the "iP5500D," a printer model that does not exist in the Canon USA lineup. A clarification along with any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better address your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Yikes! There goes my job as a proofreader. So sorry. Yes, of course it is the iP6600D. I bought it in Dallas around June of 2006; last used in 2016. 

Thanks, Danny, 

David

Hi dgerety,

Please follow the steps provided in this article to look for jammed paper/foreign objects:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART154665

Next, please ensure that paper is being loaded correctly:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART155771

If the paper still does not feed correctly, your PIXMA iP6600D would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The paper passes through the machine very quickly if I press the edge very lightly. I'm certain that there is no blockage, but if I can get the cassette tray open, I'll try that. The problem seems to be that the rollers aren't pulling the paper. Looking at eBay prices for the 6600D, it would cost more to repair than it's worth, and I already have a Pro-100. If I can find replacement rollers, I may try to take it apart. Thanks for your help. 

Announcements