cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Paper Jams | Error 6000 | PIXMA TR8620

sourcreambridge
Apprentice

I turned on my printer, and after its routine wakeup, the LCD display tells me a printer error occurred: "Support Code 6000." I followed the instructions: canceling any printing, turning it off, unplugging it, replugging it, and turning it on again. Doesn't do anything. Then it has a "How to clear" option, which gives me a QR code showing a section of the online manual. It shows the same instructions, but the manual assumes that my paper is jammed this time. I opened the printer to see if there was any paper or foreign object. Nothing. I checked the back to see if there were any stuck there, but nothing. Not even the bottom has any. Now I'm stuck with an error code that won't let me exit or print. Is there any way to fix this, or do I need to contact customer support for technical assistance or possibly request a repair?the online manualthe online manualsupport code 6000support code 6000Top of the printer, printhead on right sideTop of the printer, printhead on right sideTop of the printer, printhead on left sideTop of the printer, printhead on left sidebottom of the printer on normal position (on flat surface)bottom of the printer on normal position (on flat surface)back of the printerback of the printerbottom of the printerbottom of the printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on the steps you have already taken, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on the steps you have already taken, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements