cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Disk Tray option on MX922

Bacchus
Apprentice

Is it possible to use third party software to print to disk or is My Image Garden the only option.  I have tried to use other software but I do not have a Disk Tray option in the print dialog window.

Pixma MX922

Mac OS Catalina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bacchus,

As Rick noted, please make sure that you are using the CUPS printer driver for your PIXMA MX922, not Airprint.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click once on the Canon MX922 and then click the [-] at the bottom to remove it.

5.  Once gone, click the [+] and then click Add.

6.  In the Add window, click on Default in the upper left corner.

7.  When the Canon MX920 series appears, click on it one time.

8.  At the bottom, next to "Use", select the Canon MX920 series (not Airprint or Secure Airprint).

9.  Click Add

Once the printer is readded, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am not aware of any 3rd party software for the 922. 

You need the MX Cups and ICA driver to print and scan.  My Image Garden isn't everyone's favorite, but its the only way I've seen to print CD's. 

IG.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bacchus,

As Rick noted, please make sure that you are using the CUPS printer driver for your PIXMA MX922, not Airprint.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click once on the Canon MX922 and then click the [-] at the bottom to remove it.

5.  Once gone, click the [+] and then click Add.

6.  In the Add window, click on Default in the upper left corner.

7.  When the Canon MX920 series appears, click on it one time.

8.  At the bottom, next to "Use", select the Canon MX920 series (not Airprint or Secure Airprint).

9.  Click Add

Once the printer is readded, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help, it was exactly what I needed.  The software I will be using is Swift publisher 5 which seems to be a better alturnative to the Canon software.

Announcements