cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canon Pixma G6020 Streaking

gomesgracie
Apprentice

I just received a Canon Pixma G6020 for Christmas with the intention of making decent prints of my artwork. I followed the steps for installing the printheads and filling the ink containers, and every single print I have tried to make has narrow, horizontal lines along the top half of the image. I've tried cleaning and re-aligning the printer, and have printed from various different softwares, but no luck. I am also printing images at 300 dpi on the best quality print settings possible. I know the G6020 is not intended to be used exclusively as a photo printer, but so far this is the only roadblock I've run into. Did I just get a defective product? Are there any other things I should try?

1 REPLY 1

not_mee
Contributor

You may need to remove the print heads and check to see any gummy debris is left on the print head.  I can't see why each print head needs tape put on them, when sealed in their containers.  It's probably residue from the tape, you removed before installing. Alcohol cleaning pads to the contact points and on the print head nozzles may recover your issue. The tape covers those areas, and is a problem with ink cartridges with other makes, that cover the contacts.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements