cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help if possible, Canon Pixma old MX490 Keeps on and off cycling (rebooting?)

yangym
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 Keeps on and off cycling (rebooting?)
I have used my scanner/printer (MX490) so far without any problems. Thanks!
But last night I had a problem with the power on and off continually.

If I turn off the Wifi, it works with power on and off but when I turn Wifi on, again repeating.
I called Canon US and Canon service associate, David (case #: 3010212204) told me 2 resolutions.
1. Turn off the Wifi
2. Connect USB cable directly, it works but I need the Wifi

Practically, I need my scanner and printer (MX490 from Walmart) for my home and small business.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GOWOKEGOBROKE
Contributor

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

gwhite2152
Contributor

I have tried the Canon fix but it is no help.  I reinstalled the 3-22-16 Full Driver and Software and it worked for a while but as soon as I turned on Wifi it went into the sick cycle and I have no control and it will not print.  What ever the problem is; it is in the printer and needs to be cleared by Canon.

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

It won't let me update because it says "the printer status is incorrect" - "turn on the printer again and then restart" - but the printer won't turn off and on with me manually - it's cycling back and forth and back and forth.

Announcements