cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My canon printer 8000s has a hardware error

estevez
Apprentice

I had my canon large printer 8000s without printing for a year,

Wen I decided to start using it it gave me a multisensor error, I changed some empty cartridges and the error dissapeared,

Now I have a new problem, the mechanism to feed the paer does not work at all, it does not move the paper an inch, the printer then shows a paper feed error and I get the hardware 03130031-2f16 error.

Please help.... What can I do now?

3 REPLIES 3

estevez
Apprentice

I have found Hardware error. 03130031-2F16

FIRST CHOICE

Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again. Power On Again

Done, several times, same error over and over again

SECOND CHOICE

Mist fan error The rotation of the mist fan is not detectable.

1.Check the bundled wires in the mist fan drive circuit.

2. Replace the mist fan unit.

What is the mist fan?, does it have to do with the mehanism that moves the axis that feeds the paper, should I check the wires that are attached to the motor? I need to know what is the mist fan.

Help, thanks I need help!!!!!

Hi estevez!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

IMG_0213.jpg

I'd say you could just take off the 2 bolts holding the fan on and lay them down, power on the machine and see if they are spinning. Both fans connect to J2701 on the main PCB. If fans are spinning, then you could be looking at a bad sensor connection for fan speed signal or faulty main PCB (as suggested by canon).

Announcements