cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma MX490 Series won't scan

Home
Apprentice

Hello all,

I'm new to the board and can really use your help. I have a Pixma MX490 Copier/Fax machine/Scanner. For some reason it stopped being able to scan at all. The scan option is greyed out in my Image garden. When I checked I got an error code 3, 208, 0 which read IJ Network Scanner Selector EX cannot be found. Reinstall scanner driver Scanner driver will be closed.

When I try to reinstall it via the installation disc that came with my machine there is no option to instal IJ Network Scanner Selector. 

Please  help if you can

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Home!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running Windows 10. I'm not too good with computers so I'm not sure what other information could be helpful.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

On your computer screen, there should be a search bar or icon. When you open that Windows search bar, type control panel and press enter. Once you are in the control panel, select View Devices and Printer. The printer icon will appear as MX490 series and you will to right click and select remove device. 

After the printer is removed, please restart your computer. After the restart, click HERE and select software and drivers. You will want to download and install the MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 file listed( this is the printer and scanner driver). Please be advised that if you plan on connecting the printer to your computer via USB connection, please leave the USB cord disconnected until a message appears in the installer asking you to connect it. 

Once the printer is reinstalled, click your Windows start button and scroll down until you see a Canon Utilities folder. Open the folder and select IJ Scan Utility and select either Auto, Document or Photo to try and scan depending on what you scanning. If you are able to scan with IJ Scan Utility, you should now be able to scan again back in My Image Garden. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the help Arthur J but the scanner issue still happened after I followed your instructions. I went to the IJ Scan Utility and got the same exact error as before. Thank you for trying.

Dear Apprentice, 

Good evening, I hope your night goes well! I am experiencing the same issue for my MacBook Air and Pixma MX490 Series. I updated my Mac's version (i.e., latest, 14.2.1) as well as the correlated software and drivers but couldn't see anything (e.g., IJ Scan Utility) downloaded besides the scanner's downloading program itself (e.g., makes a sound, when downloaded but no Home Screen icon). Please advise. Thank you for your consideration and time. 

All the best, thriving wishes, 

-- 

Brianna

Dear Arthur, 

Good evening, I hope your night goes well! I am experiencing the same issue for my MacBook Air and Pixma MX490 Series. I updated my Mac's version (i.e., latest, 14.2.1) as well as the correlated software and drivers but couldn't see anything (e.g., IJ Scan Utility) downloaded besides the scanner's downloading program itself (e.g., makes a sound, when downloaded but no Home Screen icon). Please advise. Thank you for your consideration and time. 

-- 

Brianna

Dear Danny, 

-- 

Brianna

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements