cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b200 error message on mx922 cannon printer

vegasmx922
Apprentice

the print head is clean, i tried the turn off pwr, open print head bay ( is that the top and bottom) i opened both. turned powere on. the cartridge does not move to the left like in the instructions. after i shut it down it cycles. i did it a few times to get the result and i still get a B200. i tried the stop button, then on, and then stop 5 times then power off. it did not work.

please advise. if i cant use it as a printer i would like to use it as a scanner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

it worked. just the top cover not top and bottom cover to the printer cartridges. thanks.

B200 message.

Turn printer off

open scanner lid

open top lid only (not bottom lid) to printer cartridges

Turn printer on

The cartridge carriage will move to the left

Shut the cover after it goes past the ½ way point

Let it settle, then shut it off.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This error while sometimes (temporarily) recoverable often returns,  Its usually related to the printhead and replacement often exceeds the cost of a new printer.

If you want to try...

Turn the printer off

open the lid

Turn it back on and wait for the ink carrier to start moving to the left

after it travels beyond the 50% point, but before it travels all the way to the end of the carriage, shut the cover.

It may work, but the error will likely return at some point.  My suggestion would be to replace it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

it worked. just the top cover not top and bottom cover to the printer cartridges. thanks.

B200 message.

Turn printer off

open scanner lid

open top lid only (not bottom lid) to printer cartridges

Turn printer on

The cartridge carriage will move to the left

Shut the cover after it goes past the ½ way point

Let it settle, then shut it off.

it lasted five seconds. i will try to replace on of the expected faulty ink cartridges and see if it lasts.

one question: can i disable the print function and just use the scanner.

Greetings,

This is a multifunction device.  You cannot shut off one of the functions (printing or scanning).  If the scanner were broken, you might be able to print if you never tried to scan, but the printer is the devices core function.  If either device is non-operational or in an error condition, the other probably won't work.

What many people don't do is place value on their time. Please take this into consideration before you spend any money or spend alot of time try to fix the device.  In the long run replacement might be the most cost effective solution.

Good Luck. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi vegasms922,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick or whom it may concern, if you're the Canon expert or work for Canon, why can't you just tell people why exactly the B200 error is caused. Most of these printers are years old and out of date. It would make sense to just give the exact problem that causes this and the 1403 error. It is written in the programming of the chip in the printer what caused this error, so it would be appropriate to just provide us with the exact answer for the error. I had the 1403 error and found the head had a burnt trace on the head flex cable/circuit board, so I replaced the head with a new one and now I have a B200 error. I spent the money and now I'm not happy. Is this just a runaround fix or is the print just trash now. I have an electronics background so I will understand the technical answers you provide.

Thanks 

Dale

Dale4
Apprentice

Since I did not receive an answer for my post I will give you all the answers to how to get rid of the 1403 and B200 errors on my Youtube page soon at "ElectronicsEditor". 

Announcements