cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mac recognizes the printer but not the scanner

VDesignDetroit
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG 3620 running with Mac 12.2 OS. It recognizes the printer, but no longer gives me a scanner option. I've downloaded the scanner drivers and still nothing. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are unable to get resolution you might want to try VueScan by Hamrick Software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are unable to get resolution you might want to try VueScan by Hamrick Software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thanks it works. However, it keeps asking me to purchase the software. Will it continue to work if I don't?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have no relationship with the company, so this is not an official answer. But I suspect not.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Seatada
Apprentice

I purchased my Canon PIXMA 3260 with the understanding that it is a wireless printer. I don't want to take on an additional expense by purchasing non-Canon software, so is there anyway to fix this issue with Canon software or other solutions? I hope so because it's very frustrating to have to spend lots of extra time every time I want to scan, by having to use a wired connection to scan and then saving the document to a usb drive, and then moving the document from that device to my main computer. I have an ancient Canon scanner that would be just as convenient but I bought the G3260 to make it more convenient!

Announcements