cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX922 printer will not scan correctly. Scans whole page but only shows half of length twice.

dc13343
Apprentice

The printer has been working fine, but the last month or so, it scans the document but displays the document like it scanned the right side twice.  Also, I get the message "An error has occurred.  Turn the device off and then back on.  Scanner driver will be closed 2.250.4"  So, I reboot the printer and then scan.  I have removed all the Canon files and re installed them using the Printer CD and Setup procedures.  Has anyone had this issue?  Please advise.  Thanks  Dave

See pic below.

IMG_20150728_0003.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi Dave!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thank you for your post! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry for the omission.

My iMac is running OS 10.6.8

regards

Dave

merrymary247
Rising Star
Does it do the same thing when you just make a copy?

Yes the copy function (using buttons on the printer itself) prints out the exact same document issue.  It again, tells me to terminate current printing (none in queue) and has error code 5011.  Same output as scanning function.

Also, the printer is setup as a wireless network printer.

If it's doing the same thing when it does a stand-alone copy, that generally means there's a hardware issue with the unit itself. I'd check the reciept to see if you bought it within a year and give their tech support line a call, they're generally really helpful about replacing them within warranty.
Announcements