cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX892 is clicking and can not draw paper - I get a load paper error message - any suggestions?

keciakh
Apprentice

My MX892 is clicking and can not draw paper - I get a load paper error message - any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi keciakh,

To try and get the paper to feed, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed area of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.   Once this has been done, please look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.  Next, please remove and reseat all of the ink tanks in the printer.  Once all of these steps have been performed, please follow the steps below to perform a roller cleaning on the printer:

You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper  
1. Make sure that the power is turned on. 

2. Open the paper output tray gently. 

3. Select Roller cleaning.
(1) Press the MENU button.

(2) Select Setup, then press the OK button.  The setup menu screen will appear.

(3) Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen will appear.

(4) Select Roller cleaning, then press the OK button.

The confirmation screen will appear.

(5) Select Yes, then press the OK button.

(6) Select the paper source to clean (Rear tray or Cassette), then press the OK button.

4. Clean the paper feed roller without paper.
(1) Follow the message to remove any paper from the paper source you selected in (6) of step 3.

(2) Press the OK button.  The paper feed roller will rotate as it is cleaned.

5. Clean the paper feed roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the paper feed roller has stopped rotating, then follow the message to load three or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the paper source you selected in (6) of step 3.

(2) Press the OK button.  The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be complete when the paper is ejected.

(3) When the completion message appears, press the OK button.  The screen will return to the Maintenance screen.
Reference
To access other available functions, use the mode buttons or the MENU button.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed the instructions the forum gave, cleaning the rollers of both the rear and the front trays. Afterward, trying to print from the front tray, I still got the clicking sound, no paper feed and the load paper error message.

Hi Doglover,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives at this point. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Doglover
Apprentice

I had the same problem with my Canon Pixma MG6120 printer.  I finally discovered what was going on. I looked more closely at the parameters on the Print page for the document I wanted to print.  I clicked on “Layout” and then on “Quality and Media.”  I discovered that the media type was set to “Glossy Photo Paper.”  I changed the media type to “Plain Paper” and now I can print from the cassette.  

NOTE:  Although "Layout" is directly below Orientation,  at first it said "Firefox."  I clicked on    

Firefox to get to "Quality and Media."  Afterwards, the window just said Layout.

Announcements