cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP530 is suddenly printing in stripes.

lricks
Apprentice

I have a Cannon MP530 that is suddenly printing in stripes.  I did not change computers or operating systems.  I'm on Windows 7 PC.

Traditional word documents print fine, but anything considered part picture part text....the picture part prints in stripes, both black and white and color.

I've tried regular printer head cleaning, deep cleaning...nothing has resolved it.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lricks,

Please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink. The correct order is:

CLI-8BK Black
PGI-5 Black
CLI-8Y Yellow
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8C Cyan

Next, a test should be performed of your printer. The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly. Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1. Press the OPEN button to open the Output Tray.

2. Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.

3. Press the COPY button.

4. Press the MENU button repeatedly until 4. MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

5. Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD below 4. MAINTENANCE, and then press OK. The nozzle check pattern is printed.

If the page prints incorrectly, printhead cleanings should be performed. An example of this test has been added to the bottom of this post.  Please follow the instructions below to clean the printhead:

1. Press the MENU button repeatedly until 4. MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

2. Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until DEEP CLEANING is displayed in the LCD below 4. MAINTENANCE,

and then press OK.

After 3 or 4 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

MP530 Nozzle Test.jpg

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for your help.

My ink cartridges are installed correctly.

I printed the nozzle check and ran a minor and deep clean several tiimes.  I printed the nozzle check again and the majority of it is still printing in stripes.

I performed a print-head alignment and then ran a nozzle check again...still mostly stripes.

What is odd is that it is not all stripes.  Specifically, the bottom half of the PGBK section prints fully, and the top half of PGBK as well as all of the colors (including BK) print in horizontal stripes.  The second C and the second M have a dark top half and a light bottom half.  I wish I could upload a print of it for you to see.

What do you suggest next?  I'm Windows 7, 64 bit, and having been using this printer with this configuration for a long time.

Laura

Hello.

If no improvement is seen after cleanings have been performed, please contact our support group for assistance. Use the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements