cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manully move the ink cartridge carriage PIXMA MX922

burgy00
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to manually move it? The PIXMA MX922 appears to be no good anymore but I have some new ink cartridges which I would like to retrieve.

5 REPLIES 5

joe_okura
Enthusiast

are you shure?

i too have a mx 922

try doing a unplug power down reset the repower the printer. sometimes the printer will paper jam and will aperar dead

check all the rollers front back and top. if its dead dead you can just force the inkwell over by force the harvest the carts.

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

That is not the issue.

I am getting the dreaded code B200 and have tried all of the fixes.

I have tried to force it but it will not move. So that is what I am asking: is there a way to manually move the carriage?

@burgy00 wrote:

That is not the issue.

I am getting the dreaded code B200 and have tried all of the fixes.

I have tried to force it but it will not move. So that is what I am asking: is there a way to manually move the carriage?

i had the b200 error but it was a chunk of paper in one of the roller grears. did you try and move the carrage powered or not powered.there is a drive belt and stepper moter that controls it you might have to cut the belt

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

Yes - have tried powered and not powered. Nothing is in the rollers. I puller the print head last week and cleaned it as it was suggested that might be the B200 issue. Printer worked for another few days and then got the B200 message again. I am pretty sure this printer is on its way to the recycle bin. If I can pull the ink to use in my other Canon printer, that would make it less sad.

Anyone have a way to manually move the carriage even if it means taking the printer apart? The only videos I found show the entire printer in pieces before one can get to the ink. There must be a shortcut.

Hi burgy00,

Since the ink carriage wont move and the B200 error keeps appearing, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST.

Announcements