cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta cast on Pro-10s (Print studio pro, LrC).

Vale
Apprentice

Hello,

I need some help to figure out what is wring with my printing workflow.

I've been having major issues with a magenta cast recently, I'm honestly at my wit's end.

As the subject of the message details, I'm trying to print Jpeg images on my Canon Pro-10s using both Lightroom Classic and the Canon Print Studio Pro Plug-in software. 

I of course know of the dreaded double profiling issue from having found multiple discussions on here, but am truly unsure as to how to fix this after having tried every single possible combination of fixes. 

this is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directlythis is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directly

this is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directly.

I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync.I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync.

I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync. 

have of course tried different profiles. I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.have of course tried different profiles. I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.

have of course tried different profiles without leaving it in Automatic. 

I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.  

have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB  as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.

have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.  

this is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugInthis is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugIn

his is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugIn.

the output print looks mostly the same with every single thing I have tried: there is a really strong magenta cast and it looks like double profiling. 

IMG_3866.jpeg

Please help!

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

You only need to post this ONE TIME. 

Posting it in multiple boards is spam, and will get you banned. 

Which version of macOS are you using? Have you installed the Canon software & drivers? 

Calm down mate, I was unsure where to post it,  So I posted it in three places where I thought I could get help. I didn’t know it would be considered spam, I’m not trying to spam anyone, I just need fix to my issue and I’m not sure what category it falls under. Let me know if you’re sure what category it might be under so I can start fixing the issue (like is it hardware or software? Idk) 

cheers Stephen xx

I understand, but it was enough that our system legit thought you were a bot.

You're good right here. The community will do their best to help you get it sorted. 

Ventura 13.6.7.  And yes, I’ve had this issue persisting for a while now. This morning I’ve uninstalled everything, did any software update and re downloaded everything from the canon website. That includes up to date drivers, firmware updates for the printer and last version of print studio pro and of my MacOS. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is double color management.

DCM.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That’s great to know, what do I do to stop this?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here the LrC output print looks correct? Is that correct? I assume you are using Photo Platinum paper (that is the ICC profile you selected in LrC).

That is the profile you should be selecting in PSP. The profiles you showed (Adobe RGB and sRGB) are monitor display profiles.

Is there a particular feature of PSP that you are using? If not, printing direct from LrC is the way to go.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements