cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 slow printing

exeyesoftware
Apprentice

I've used (and sold) MX922s for many years and am sorry to see the model retired.  I have one in my office that has started printing very slowly -- it pauses for a second or two every few lines.  Overall it takes about twice as long as it used to to print a page.  The printer is connected through a wired LAN connection.

I've done much troubleshooting: reinstalling drivers, replacing the Cat5e cable and network switch, switching to wireless, and carefully checking settings.  It is set to print on plain paper, and the print quality is set to Standard. The printer firmware is version 3.011.

Oddly, a customer of mine is having the same problem, which started at roughly the same time.

Any suggestions of things to try or additional troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-jimc

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi exeyesoftware,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

exeyesoftware
Apprentice

Thank you for your reply.

I did contact Canon support (by email) and got the following reply:

"Your product is now supported exclusively through our online knowledge base and the Canon Community Forum."

That is why I am asking in this forum.  It seems that I am on my own with respect to Canon support.  I was hoping that others have seen this problem and perhaps have found a solution.  That hope is based on the fact that I, and one of my customers, have encountered this problem at the same time.

-jimc

exeyesoftware
Apprentice

It has occurred to me that this may be related to the latest firmware.  I upgraded the firmware in both of the machines that have the slow-printing problem about the time that the problem started.  The current (new) firmware is 3.011.  Canon does no seem to give any information about what's changed in the firmware from one version to the next, nor do they seem to have a way to go back to old firmware.  There is also no release date associated with the firmware versions.

I guess this should be filed under "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Does anyone know anything about firmware in these printers?

Thanks,

-jimc

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements