cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scan produces crooked/skewed cropping

roguewarrior
Apprentice

Hello All,

I love the ability to place 6 small items on the bed and have it crop them correctly into 6 PDF images. The problem I am running into is, that some of them will be skewed or crooked, while most will be fine. The issue is clearly with the cropping part of the scanning process.

Is there a fix for this?

I am on WIndows 7 and have the latest version of the software that I can see - thx!

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi roguewarrior,

To try and resolve the issue, I would like to ensure that the option to perform a calibration during every scan is selected. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Start the IJ Scan Utility program.  Please go to your START menu, then select ALL PROGRAMS, then CANON UTILITIES, then  IJ SCAN UTILITY (folder), then IJ SCAN UTILITY (program).

2. Click the SCANGEAR button from the main screen.

3. Click on the ADVANCED MODE tab in the window that appears.

4. Click on the PREFERENCES button at the bottom of the window.

5. On the SCANNER tab, in the CALIBRATION SETTINGS section, ensure that the EXECUTE AT EVERY SCAN setting is set to ON, then press the OK button.

6. Click the blue PREVIEW button to preview the image you are trying to scan.

7. Make any needed adjustments, then click the green SCAN button to scan the image.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry but that did not work - the images are still being skewed - any other ideas??

Hi roguewarrior,

If you scan the items one at a time, does the issue persist?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If I scan 1 at a time the cropping does not work - it creates a single page for the scan. Essentially this feature is broken

Hi roguewarrior,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements