cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 fail to connect

meknyc
Apprentice

Hello,

I have recently changed my access point and retained all the old logging info; upon turning on my printer, it failed to connect. I tried set up again (followed all the steps mentioned by others) and it continues to fail. the problem is it finds the network and tries to connect but tells me the credentials are incorrect, however, it will not allow me to enter new credentials. I tried resetting, but still cannot go through a complete setup. Further, when it finds the network and tries to connect, it returns a access point MAC which is off by one digit. Any idea about what is going on? All my other devices and printers connect fine. Thank you. Marco

iMac, iOS Catalina, UniFi network

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Meknyc! Thank you for contributing to the Canon Community. I see that you are unable to connect your MX922 to your new router.

Since your MX922 is not giving you the opportunity to enter a password after you select your Wi-Fi, it’s highly likely that the printer is not compatible with your new router’s security protocol. The MX922 is compatible with the following types of security: WPA-PSK (TKIP / AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES).

It’s possible that you will be able to connect the printer to your router using the WPS PIN CODE method. You can obtain a PIN Code from the printer. After that, you would need to access the router settings on your computer and enter that PIN CODE in the appropriate screen.

If you do not know how to access your router settings and/or enter a WPS PIN CODE, I recommend that you contact your Internet provider (if they issued the router to you) or the router manufacturer (if you purchased the router). They can assist you with entering a WPS PIN CODE.

To obtain the WPS PIN CODE from the printer, please follow the steps mentioned in the following article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART173521

When you get to step 7, you’ll have ten minutes to access your router settings on your computer and enter that PIN.

If these instructions do not help, I recommend that you check with your Internet provider or router manufacturer and see if you can switch from WPA3 security to one of the security options I mentioned earlier. The MX922 is not compliant with WPA3.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements