cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Wont power up

AlanC
Apprentice

My mx922 has been a great pinter until now. I went to print something and found that the power was off. I checked that the power cord was plugged in both ends and there was power to the outlet I was using. When Ipress the power button nothing happens. The manual says to leave it for 3 mins and try again. That did not work and manual says contact service department.

Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Try using a different power source or power outlet to see if this will resolve your issue.

If the unit still remains off, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

my mx922 is having this same issue. i printed document over wifi, loaded another sheet of heavy paper went back to pc to print and the printer was offline.went over to printer it was off checked cord, checked outlet for power , moved to different outlet, unplugged for 30 seconds and help power button like i seen in another forum. none of these have helped me at all any help is appreciated. thanks in advance

I repaired my MX722 by removing the power supply and wiggling the fuzes..The whole side of the printer must be removed to find the fuzes...not recommended for most folks but I am a technician...do you sell new power supplies?

I replaced the power supply with a new one. Still did not work. Assumed it was the logic board so took it to bestbuy for recycle. Very dissapointed as it was as new, not used very much.

Ziingster
Apprentice
I took out the power supply and wiggled the two black fuses till it worked....You may want to get a new power supply. I don't recommend playing around with live electronics. I just happen to be a technician.

I have tried all the suggestions I have seen here including I bought a new power supply and still won't power on at all. Any other thoughts out there or is it time to ditch the printer?? It's only a few months old so I'm very disappointed in seeing so many problems like mine out ther. Has Canon address the real issue??? Your thoughts

Hi silvervet2,

Because your PIXMA MX922 was purchased less than a year ago, it is in warranty.

Please contact our support group for your service options using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements