It will print color no problem. The biggest problem is pdf files and I have no idea why. I have reinstalled the drivers and everything. Black ink is in, it's not an issue with other file formats. If a pdf file has black ink and color it will skip the black ink and only print the color.
The only way I've been able to print pdfs with black ink is if I screenshot them and print them as a jpg or png; or export them to jpeg.
First, let's perform a test of your PIXMA MX922. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.
2. Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK.
3. On Maintenance, press the OK button.
4. Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press OK.
5. Select Yes and then press the OK button.
A test page will print. Please compare your printout with the example provided below.
Did a black grid print to the right of |PGBK| at the top of the page?
Are there any boxes missing within the grid?
Below that, did 3 blue, 3 pink, 1 yellow and 1 gray bars print?
12/05/2023: New firmware updates are available.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.