cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX890 only prints from rear tray/Mac

ellenann9424
Apprentice

My MX890 printer always wants to print from the rear tray.  I have set the option in the printer window to print from the cassette.  I even change the "automatic feed" in the print dialogue window that comes up on my computer to "cassette," and it still gives me the msg that there is no paper in the rear tray.  It used to work if I did this, but now has stopped working.  How the heck to I fix this?  I'm using a MacBook Pro running Yosemite.  I have updated all the recommended software/drivers from the Canon website.  Thanks

Ellen

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi ellenann9424,

The machine will automatically feed paper from the rear tray when media types other than plain paper (such as photo paper) are selected in the printer driver, or on the printer itself when printing.  If you have already verified that the cassette is selected as the paper source in the printer driver and on the printer itself, please ensure that the paper type selected in both locations is set to plain paper, as all other media types will attempt to feed from the rear tray, even if the cassette is selected as the paper source.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response, Ramona.  When you talk about the settings on the printer driver, I'm not sure I know how to access that.  I have made sure the setting is plain paper on the printer, and in the print dialogue window that comes up on the computer.  Where can I check the printer driver setting?

I posted an additional question on this issue on January 22.  I'm hoping I will eventually get an answer!!

Announcements