cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX890 goes through all the motions but does not put ink on paper.

raparker
Apprentice

This MX890 (Costco) has been working just fine, then, as though overnight, it didn't work. That is, it looks and sounds as if it's printing. Even the paper runs through and the nozzles are doing their thing. But, the results is a blank, white page.

I ran a test from the "Printer Properties" and all that prints is the Microsoft logo in the upper left corner.

I ran another test from the "Nozzle Check" menu and it prints 8 bars of pretty pastel colors.

Can antone tell me what the problem is?

Thank you,

Roy

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi raparker,

Since it appears that all colors except for the black ink that prints text on the page are printing, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to see if this will get the ink to print.  To perform the cleanings, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Print Head Cleanings

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I performed the "Cleaning" which did little to correct the problem. However, after performing five (that's right, 5) "Deep cleaning" it appears to be printing correctly. 

I hesitated running the "Deep cleaning" function because I assumed that the black ink was okay, because the black bars printed when I ran the "Nozzle check" print. However, if I understand correctly, the two (2) black cartridges have their own function. One for mixing the colors; the other for the black only (i.e. text) printing.

Thank you for your assistance.

Announcements