cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 Does Not Do Black and White Copy

kaneohe
Contributor

MX700 goes thru the motions of printing...noises and such.......but produces a blank page when.  Pressing the Copy/Black buttons.   Pressing the Copy/Color buttons produces an image.  There is no indication that the Black Ink supply is low from the 4 ink monitors on the screen

When I print a web page (instead of copying ) that has red/blue/black letters, it works fine again suggesting that the Black ink

supply is ok.

Perhaps a separate issue............when I try to print from the Text Edit application on my Macbook Air, it acts like the COPY

function on printer........goes thru motions but prints a blank page.

Every thing used to work fine previously.

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kaneohe,

to begin troubleshooting this issue, I recommend printing a nozzle check. Please click HERE for the steps. once it prints, please let us know if it looks like the example in article that the link opened.

We look forward to your reply.

Following the owners' manual I had previously done the cleaning nozzle step.   I guess it prints out the test after the cleaning step.    The pattern shows the 5 color bars but the first black grid is missing.   Same after the deep cleaning step.

Hi kaneohe,

Since the cleaning and deep cleaning did not resolve the issue, could you please take a picture of your black ink cartridge and attach it to you next reply. 

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your reply.   I'm afraid I don't know how to do that.   Perhaps you can describe what you would be looking for.

Don't know if I mentioned but I put a brand new black cartridge in for diagnostics and nothing changed.

Hi kaneohe,

That's okay, please reply with all the information that you see on the black ink cartridge( ink number, where it was made, etc).

From the cartridge that was working previously, then after some period of non-use did not work any more:

Canon

PGBK

Black

PGI-5BK

picture of something w/ X over it

EU only

Made in Japan

Circle with "Push" within

Hi kaneohe,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Patrick.    No such support exists unfortunately.

Announcements