cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX022 selective printing. prints from browsers, but not text edit, or Open Office, blank page

denissail
Apprentice

I have reinstalled OSX, the printer itself, to no avail.  It used to print from everything. Any other suggesstions?

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi denissail,

I understand your printer is not communicating with your computer properly. To provide optimal assistance additional information is needed. Please provide the requested information below:

• What is your computer's OS X?
  • Is the printer's communication setup wireless or wired to the computer?
  • Is the printer connected to another device? If so, does the same issue occur?

Also, to begin troubleshooting this issue, please reset the printing system and restart your computer, add the printer back to the printer list and test print from several locations. The below steps will assist you:

Resetting the printing system will be done from the Printers & Scanners Window

1. Hold down the CONTROL button on your keyboard and CLICK on the printer list simultaneously.
  2. A small window will appear stating ‘RESET PRINTING SYSTEM’
  3. Release the CONTROL button
  4. Click on ‘RESET PRINTING SYSTEM’
  5. Confirm the reset.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. ADD the printer back to the Printer list.
  8. Perform test print from several locations on your computer.

OSX  El Captian 10.11.6

Printer is installed as "Wireless"  Router is Arris  NVG 589

No other device connected to MX922  

Printi Sharing is checked, all but remote management & Apple events.

I am unable to obtain Reset Printing System by holding down Cntrl or Alt or any fn keys.

This problem didn't exist in using Linksys router,  but I switched to ATT U-verse when we relocated.

I appreciate your assistnce

Hi denissail,

To continue troubleshooting this issue, I recommend confirming that your computer and printer are on the same network. The network configuration page will assist, please perform the following steps:

1. Press the MENU button.
  2. Press the DOWN arrow 7 times to SETUP, press OK.
  3. Press the LEFT arrow 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
  4. Press the DOWN arrow 2 times to LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  5. Press the DOWN arrow 2 times to CONFIRM LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  6. Press the DOWN arrow 2 times to PRINT LAN DETAILS, press OK.
  7. The message “Print LAN Details?” will appear on the screen, press OK for YES.
  8. The network configuration page will print.
  9. The message “Following is completed.” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  10. Press the COPY button.

After the network configuration page has printed, please look at the top section under “Wireless LAN.” You should see:

• Enable next to Wireless LAN
  • Active next to Connection
  • Your network name next to SSID
  • An IPv4 IP Address that starts with either a 192, 172, or 10
  • A signal strength that is hopefully stronger than 70 percent

If you do not see an address or the printer is not connected to your network, click HERE for instructions on connecting the printer to your network.

If you do see an address, and it starts with a 192, 172, or 10, please do the following:

1. Open an Internet browser. (You can use the one you normally use to go on the Internet.)
  2. Single-click on the "Address" bar. (This bar is usually at the top of the browser and will display the address of the current web page that you are viewing. It may start with the letters "HTTP" or "WWW." Do not click on a "Search" bar.)
  3. Delete the address that is currently in the "Address" bar by pressing the "Backspace" or "Delete" button on your keyboard.
  4. Use your keyboard to enter the printer's IPv4 IP Address (numbers and dots only). There is no need to add "HTTP://" or "WWW." to the front of the address.
  5. Press the "Enter" or "Return" button on the keyboard.
  6. The browser will open a new window.
  7. If you are asked to enter a username and password, type “ADMIN” (in capital letters) for the username and “canon” (in lower-case letters) for the password.
  8. After entering these credentials, you can click on the “Log In” button or press the "Enter" or "Return" button on the keyboard.
  9. Close the web page.

In the event that the printer has a valid IPv4 IP Address and you are unable to access the printer’s web page from your computer, please verify the two devices are on the same network by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right of the computers system tray.

Announcements