cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP970 scans aren't sharp

printer705
Apprentice

I have an MP970 printer/scanner. I have found that when I scan either a negative or a slide, the resulting image isn't

as sharp as it should be.
Is there something I can do to correct this, or a setting that I can adjust to make the image sharp?  I've set it at the highest pixel rate I can, and the originals are definitely in focus.
I'd like to use the machine to scan 35mm originals and blow them up to poster size, but I'm not even happy with resulting 4x6's.
Thank you --
4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi printer705,

Please try using the Advanced mode of the scanner driver to make adjustments before scanning.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the Windows Start button, (All) Programs, Canon Utilities, then MP Navigator EX. Then click MP Navigator EX.

2. Point to Scan/Import and click Photos/Documents (Platen).

3. Select the Use the scanner driver checkbox, then click Open Scanner Driver.

4. Click Advanced Mode.

5. Next to Select Source, select from Color Negative Film, Color Positive Film, Monochrome Negative Film and Monochrome Positive Film.

6. Next to Film Size, select from 35mm Strip or 35mm Slide.

7. Click Preview.

8. Make any desired changes.

9. Click Scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrick!  ...and sorry for the late reply --
...I'm on a Mac.  Is the process the same?  And is this the process for sharper scans?  I've had no problem scanning -- just the resulting images from film are soft.
Thanks again!
-- p705

Hi printer705, 

Yes, the steps would be the same after the MP Navigator EX is open.  To open the MP Navigator EX, please open your Applications folder and then the Canon Utilities folder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you -- let me try that -- 
p705

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements