cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP280 Pixma, everything I scan comes out upside down and backward

bookdoctorgwen
Apprentice

Hi all. I have a Canon MP280 Pixma, and everything I scan comes out upside down and backward. I installed the latest driver and scanned again, and it is still coming out upside down and backward. Yes, I have some photo-editing software I can fix it with, but I would rather not be forced to do all that extra work. Is there a fix? Thanks and cheers, Book Doctor Gwen

3 REPLIES 3

bookdoctorgwen
Apprentice

Adding to my post, I am running Windows 7 and using a USB cable to connect to my printer. I am scanning using the Canon software, and I am making bitmaps. I am in North America and we have 120 outlets. My shoe size is 9 1/2. Thanks and cheers. (PS -- the spellcheck in this chatroom says Pixma not found. lol)

Hello bookdoctorgwen.

Please check to make sure that the item is loaded against the alignment mark on the upper left corner of the platen.  If the issue persists, please try the following adjustment:

1.  Open the MP Navigator from your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2.  In the Scan/Import menu, click Photos/Documents Platen.

3.  On the left, click Specify.

4.  Uncheck the options to 'Correct Slanted' and 'Detect the orientation'.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the MP Navigator.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

romedog54
Apprentice

I have a new tr8500.   When scanning a multi page doc, some are upside down.   Reading the fix a couple threads below WORKED.   Settings > Save To PC (Document) >  Resolution > Then Uncheck the two boxes Correct slanted text and Detect the Orientation and Rotate the Document.  I unchecked those two boxes and it is now working fine.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements