cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator Ex

PJR
Apprentice

I constantly used the MP Navigator ex- one click scan function on my MX870, which recently died. Replaced it with MX 926.and only discovered on setting up that the MP Navigator system  had been discontinued. WHY FIX SUCH A FANTASTIC SYSTEM???  I used the Navigator constantly because it enabled me to scan multipages from the ADF  which then appeared in a window as thumbnails after scanning. I could then edit, each pages and delete, leave in or add extra pages to that scan. I could next name the doc and and browse my document folders to select where I wished to save it. I used this function constantly in my work.

The MX926 does not preview thumbnails of multpage scans, and zips scans straight to my documents file without me seeing them first and without me selecting a folder destination. I then must find where it has saved, open and edit if needed (or start all over if not how I want it).It then must be renamed and moved to the folder of my choice . This process is time consuming in the extreme.

Can Canon PLEASE, PLEASE, develop a download for a compatible MP Navigator for the Pixma MX926. The MP Navigator Ex 3.1 from my MX870 will not work with the MX926.  The printer, copy and fax functions are fine   - but the Pixma MX926 scanner setup is absolutely useless for my purposes. 

I would desperately love to keep my old Pixma MX 870 if the print function had not died. I would certainly buy another MX870 if they were still in production - or any other multifunction,print, copy , fax scan printer that would give me the flexible and simple operation of the MP Navigator Ex system. 

Any suggestions welcome

2 REPLIES 2

wsd
Apprentice

I would agree with PJR the new program is slow and cumbersome. MP Navigator was a much better program that allowed much more flexibility when it came to scanning. I'm having trouble with the new software not allowing me to do multiple documents then pick the ones I want to save as a PDF.

PJR you might want to investigate a 3rd party program called NAPS2. Not as great as MP Navigator but might get you out of the bind.

Sad to lose good software from Canon as I'd been using it for more than 8 years. Very disappointing.

Suzanne1
Apprentice

I agree, i had a Canon MG 6250. Brilliant printer, worked off the icons on my desktop.

i use mine for my business and this is very frustrating, was told it would do exactly what the MG did.

Announcements