cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 and Big Sur

pws442
Contributor

I see that there is no driver for the Canon MG7520 for the Big Sur operating system. I have read that AirPrint does not necessarily require drivers. OK.

...But, what about the Scanning Functionality? I initiate a scan from the printer itself. It shows all the PCs/Macs on my network (even the Virtual Box configuration!), allowing me to press the Black/Color button and scan one or more images/PDFs which then wakes up Image Garden.

Am I out of luck now? I really like this printer/scanner.

I assume Customer (Non-)Support would tell me to buy a new printer, no?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pws442,

Please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

Click on Printers & Scanners.

Click 1 time on the Canon MG7520 on the left side.  On the right side, do you see a Scan tab?  If so, click it and then click "Open Scanner".

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I will see if I can find anything like my MG7520. Mine takes 6 cartridges and I have quite a few cartridges that I would not want to lose.

Interesting that the site will not let you filter out non-available printers. In fact, it does not look like ANY of the MG series printers are available! I suppose that is why Amazon has the MG7720 for $999+shipping.

And nothing available uses the CLI-251 cartridges. Bummed.

Announcements