cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Won’t stay on….

Canon35
Apprentice

Same issue as all the others.  Tried to print 6/1/22.  It would cycle through for a few seconds and then turn off.  As someone mentioned in another thread… I am able to print again only after disconnecting wifi/router.  I then was able to restart printer without it cycling off.   I hard wired printer to my computer with cable. I went to settings on my printer to Disable Wireless LAN and Change LAN Settings to Wired LAN.  Once that was completed I was able to print again.  Finally, I reconnected my wifi/router.  Obviously, Not as convenient as wireless, but at least you can still print until a fix is found. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sheri99
Enthusiast

SOLUTION: After a 1:57 hold time with Canon customer service.... I have the solution! (and that was 2 hours, not 2 minutes) If this is happening to you it is very easily fixed. [Removed per Community Guidelines]  Although I wish I could make up for my 2 + hours of time. The tech told me that when they walked into the office Tuesday morning, "the stuff had hit the fan" because this has affected many models and they don't know what caused it. Here is what you need to do to fix it:

Completely unplug your router and then turn on your printer (it won't stay on if your router is because of a linking problem with the router, that we are going to fix.)  So this is the step-by-step for the MG6620 and probably those models with similar menus, but whatever model you have just try to get to your DNS Server Setup. That is where the setting is that needs manually changed. So for the MG6620:

On the menu swipe to Setup, then find Web Service Setup then DNS Server Setup. Select Manual.  Press each set of numbers and change them all to 000 except the last set. That needs to be 001. So your DNS will look like this: 000.000.000.001  Click OK, then click No.

That's it. You should be good to print.

You are welcome!  Too bad someone at Canon doesn't just post this somewhere. Would've save a lot of people a lot of headaches, I'm sure. 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, sheri 99! I was not looking forward to buying a new printer, which was the only solution I saw from Canon yesterday! This worked for my PIXMA MG7520.

Thanks! I can try this. Does this mean, then, that the printer needs to be connected with a usb cord in order to work? Like, forever?

hh91west
Apprentice

I was under deadline to scan a document ASAP for work, only to discover the problem already described: Canon MG7520 shutting off -- can't even access the menu to get to Settings.  It appears people have found workarounds, but we are NOT techies, nor do we have time to learn the inner workings of DNS, LAN, the "Printer Update Utility" referred to in the so-called "fix" -- can't find it anywhere, typing in numbers in settings to "fix" things when you can't even get to "settings" on the printer. The downloaded solution assumes you know where and what the Printer Update Utility is, that you have USB cables, and we are all on Apple's proprietary cables, etc.  So what is that workaround?   Can ANYONE give a simple, straightforward solution to NON-techies (we're news journalist) that will get us back up and running ASAP?  Thank you.

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

susan80
Contributor

Same problem. I can't' find any way to change the Lan setting on my printer. I'm completely stuck.Also, I hope Staples knows what kind of usb cord to use. I don't have any. VERY complicated. Don't want to shut off the wifi and power until I can move on with the other tasks. I see that Canon has posted this as a problem - THAT THEY OWN!! I think they ought to be available with some solutions and support. Their directions for downloading a new driver doesn't work for me. Been working on this for hours. Your advice is helpful if I can sort it out.

Announcements