cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5722 printer/scanner will not scan

canonink
Contributor

Printer/scanner  uses USB to communicate with PC. When trying to scan document using Canon IJ Scan Utility, this appears as usual: Scanner is warming up....Do Not Open Document Cover. But it does not proceed. This error pops up: The Scanner is not available while in use by another application or user. Code: 5,206,8. Please help me.

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

What version of Windows or MacOS are you running? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Thanks for assisting! Windows 10

Hi,

Try removing and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver. First, disconnect the printer usb cord and delete the printer from your computer. Once it is deleted, restart the computer and leave the usb cord disconnected. 

After the computer restarts, click HERE and scroll down to download and install the MG5700 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01. During the install, select usb connection and wait for a message to appear about connecting the usb cord. Once the printer is installed, open IJ Scan Utility and try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for these details. I will try this. Will reinstalling it change my printer settings, preferences and what I named this printer? If so, I would like to know how to name the printer or rename it after installation. I was not able to figure out how to  rename this and another identical printer at out-of-state location. A bit confusing. Look forward to your answers!

Hi,

When you go into view devices and printers, you can right click on the printer icon and select rename. You would need to redo any print settings you had saved once the printer is reinstalled. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I appreciated your directions and have not yet proceeded with this. I'd like to Accept As Solution once I give it a try. If this isn't okay with you, I can accept as solution now.

We prefer to wait until there are some results.  That way other people won't be persuaded to try it if it doesn't actually work. 😊

OK, glad to know this and will let you know.

I wanted to mention to you that I didn't use your suggestion (a bit worried I'd lose all my settings) and did without the scanner for about 2 months. Without any warning, it began working correctly!

Announcements