cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when trying to scan, print says "set the pc to start scan". using mac.

Bluemini
Apprentice

When trying to scan on PIXMA MG5722 I get message "set the PC to start scan".  I can scan by initiating from PC but not from printer.  Using iMac.  Need to scan documents put on printer using the printer scan button.  How do I fix this????  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Depending on the version of Mac OSX that is on your computer, you may have to scan using the software on your Mac.  

If you are using OS 10.11, please scan from the IJ Scan Utility instead.  This program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

If you need additional assistance with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you.........

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Depending on the version of Mac OSX that is on your computer, you may have to scan using the software on your Mac.  

If you are using OS 10.11, please scan from the IJ Scan Utility instead.  This program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

If you need additional assistance with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.........
Announcements