cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5500 not printing via wifi

Toffels
Apprentice

I cannot get the MG5500 to print via wifi.  I am trying to print a simple, text-only Google Docs document.  When I print it and go to my print queue, it tells me the document is 25.6 MB in size, which is outrageous.  It's a text-only document.

I tried to print a test page via the Canon app, and the print queue showed that as being 9 MB in size, which again seems a bit ridiculous.  

The test page shows it loads 5.99/9 mb and then stops and won't do anything else and I have to cancel the job from the queue.  The Google Docs documents loads 399 kb of the 25.6 mb, then stops and again I have to cancel it from the queue.

I'm reasonably certain that the printer is waiting for the "rest of the document" to be sent to the printer when in fact the entire thing has already been sent, but I have no idea if that's the case or, if it is, how to fix does.  Has anyone else had this issue?

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try printing a different document to narrow down the cause of the issue.  There may be elements to that particular document that are making the file size much larger than a standard text document.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements