cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5422 1403 Error Incorrect Printhead installed

spetrilli
Contributor

Error occurred in middle of printing.  Removed, cleaned and replaced the print head and made sure it was seated well.  Replaced all of the print cartridges.  Error still occurred.   Ordered, received and installed new printhead for MG5422  (QY6-0082).   

Error still occurs.   What other suggestions are there?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi spetrilli,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, this did not answer my question.   In a rather lengthy discussion with a tech support unit, the person admitted the problem is not a defective print head.   I had replaced the print head twice with the CORRECT OEM new print head and the error still existed.    The person stated it is probably the purge unit which is bad.  The purge unit creates a very low vacuum to draw the ink through the printhead.

Person would not give me a price or a part number on the purge unit...

Premeditated and planned product obsolescence,is what it is.   

Just like the B203 error which tells me my printer needs service and to pack it up and send it in for service.   I received that error on my MG7520 and MG6620 printers.   The printers only needed to go through a print head alignment 

Shame on you Canon, you are becoming (or maybe already are) a feckless and perfidious company, not worthy of any customers.

I'm with you. I couldn't even get a Tech Support person on the phone, because Canon no longer supports your questions or problems after the warranty expires. You have to pay them to essentially be told to buy another product.

This is quite disappointing considering I'm a professional photographer with five Canon cameras, three of them EOS1D's (each originally over $5,000 new), several EF professional lenses, and this printer. To get this kind of NON support is disturbing. I'm a customer who has spent over $15,000 on their products, and I'm not remotely important enough to ask a question about my product.

I expect this kind of failure of support from Microsoft and Apple, but Canon? Come on guys. Get your s**t together.

Announcements